Friday, September 28, 2012

Cheer of the Day - 8

Random - The following information is checked and confirmed by reliable sources.

Did you know?

1. Ever wondered when did people thought it would be a good idea to record 2 men beating up each other with their knuckles (I mean boxing) and then show it as a film? It was in 1894, so boxing is considered to be the first sport ever filmed.

2. You know it needs us around 1 year to learn how to walk, and then around 1 more year to learn a couple of basic words right? Well bees are born fully grown.

3. In the year 1987, American Airlines saved 
$40,000 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class… And then you come to think this luxury, is it necessary at all?

4. If Minnie Driver married Alice Cooper, her name would be Minnie Cooper.
[I saw one today actually, when I was walking back home from my work, and since I like tight pants and tight stuff I thought I should have a tight car, as I’m 6,3 It’d be spot on.]

5. Frank Hayes was a jockey. In 1923, he died from a heart attack during a race. His horse went on to finish first, making him the only dead jockey to win a race.

Joke:  

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.


Riddle:

All about, but cannot be seen,
Can be captured, cannot be held,
No throat, but can be heard.
What am I?

___________________________________________________________
Answer to previous riddle: Corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment