Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cheer of the Day - 2

Human Health - The following information is checked and confirmed by reliable sources.


Did you know?


1. After reviewing some facts about holding breath, one book said that the world record was 7 and a half minutes long. I didn't believe it because few years ago I had seen a Mongolian looking guy using some kind of ancient practices to hold his breath for a very long time, and it must have been much longer than the record they showed in the book.
After searching for a few minutes, I came across a "TIMES" newsfeed, and the world record showed staggering 22 minutes and 22 seconds by a German diver Tom Sietas! see it yourself here ---> World record in Breath Holding

2. Recently I've found out that the acid in our stomach is strong enough to dissolve metal razor blades.
I thought so because I have seen a footage of a French individual, having a restaurant meal which consisted of light bulb, iron nails, and a glass of wine. Watch the footage below.


3. Have you ever asked yourself a stupid question like how many strands of hair do I have?
I have asked myself and concluded that,
I would need a complex mechanism made out of mirrors to look down on my head while I'm counting my hair one by one. Since I don't have that kind of structure, I consulted professionals about this matter, and here is what I found out:
On average: 100,000 strands of hair
Blondes: 140,000 strands of hair
Brunettes: 108,000 strands of hair
Redheads: 90,000 strands of hair.
Satisfied?

4. Apparently, women blink about 2 times more often than men.
Perhaps because of the uncomfortable feeling of the fake eyelashes.

5. I always wondered what caused headaches and why did brain hurt. As it appears to be, I found out that brain actually has no pain receptors at all!
So why does it hurt then?
It's actually the surrounding areas of the brain, and also the neck.

Joke:

   Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.


Riddle:

The person who makes it, sells it. The person who buys it never uses it and the person who uses it doesn't know they are. What is it?

___________________________________________________________
Answer to previous riddle: He bought a 6" foot long box and put the fishing rod diagonally inside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment