Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cheer of the Day - 20


First things - The following information is checked and confirmed by reliable sources.

Did you know?

1. I used to wear contact lenses, now I don’t. The world’s first contact lenses were worn in 1887 which were made out of blown glass and as you can imagine, were quite uncomfortable to wear.

2. The first ever Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903 and funny enough, it used a tomato can as a carburetor.

3. Sunglasses became popular in the 1920's, when movie stars began wearing them in order to counteract the photographers’ immensely bright lights.

4. In 1886 when Coca-Cola was created, the price was 5 cents a glass. It is assumed that their first year was actually a loss by around 20$. But I think many people are glad that they didn’t give up their brewery because of losing a bit of cash.

5. The first police force was established in Paris in 1667.

Joke:  

Two blondes were driving down the road.
The blonde driving looks at her friend in the passenger seat and asks her to see if her blinker is working. So the blonde looks out the window and says, ''Yes. No. Yes. No.''

Riddle:

You saw me where I never was and where I could not be. And yet within that very place, my face you often see. What am I?

_________________________________________________________________
Answer to previous riddle: Teapot.

No comments:

Post a Comment